TRiO Programs at Virginia Tech
The Virginia Tech TRIO Programs currently consist of two programs: Upward Bound and Talent Search. With a long history of serving the greater Southwest Virginia area, we proudly reach over 100 students with Upward Bound, and almost 700 students with Talent Search. Our overall goal for both programs is:
- To provide workshops to make our targeted students college ready
- To provide services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students
- To provide exposure to college campuses
- To provide assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- To provide assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
Our work designed for students for low-income and/or first generation students, students who are limited English proficient, students from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in post-secondary education, students with disabilities, students who are homeless children and youths, students who are in foster care or are aging out of the foster care system or other disconnected students.
For more information on each individual program, please click on the link below:
The Federal TRIO Programs (TRIO) are Federal outreach and student services programs designed to identify and provide services for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. TRIO includes programs targeted to serve and assist low-income individuals, first-generation college students, and individuals with disabilities to progress through the academic pipeline from middle school to post baccalaureate programs.