Why You Should Give
Nationally, only 41% of first generation, low income students go to college. We help this population to successfully complete high school and apply to college. From the years 2004-2009, 96% of our Upward Bound graduates and 79% of our Talent Search seniors have accomplished the milestone of attending college. Despite our vast array of services and non-monetary support, many program completers need additional monetary assistance to begin and finish their degrees. You can be a part of the legacy and reach out to help a deserving student by contributing to our scholarship fund.
How You Can Give
Online, Check, Pledge, or Phone
Enter “Restricted: Upward Bound/Talent Search Fund#874404” as show below:
You may make a gift right now using our secure online form and your credit card.
Send a check
You may also make a gift by sending a check to University Development (0336) Virginia Tech Blacksburg, VA 24061
Please include the following printable donation form when mailing your payment.
Make a pledge
Not ready to give today? You can also make a pledge by filling out the pledge form. This form will allow you to distribute your payments any way you like. You may also make pledge payments in a variety of ways including credit card, check, or automatic bank draft.
Non-Monetary Gifts Welcome
- School Supplies (e.g. academic supplies for our students and planners for the UB summer program)
- Donations of Food for Tutorials and Workshops
- Small gifts for our honor roll students (e.g. academic related gifts such as back packs, dry erase boards, etc. but could include t-shirts, magnets, frames, VT cups, art supplies, etc.)
- Donations of gifts for gift bags for our Mentor Program participants and volunteers
- Gift cards to retailers where students can buy books or school supplies
Call or email us
If you have any questions please call the Upward Bound/Talent Search office at (540) 231-6911 or send email to email@example.com.