2012-2013 TALENT SEARCH/UPWARD BOUND
|September 29||9:40 – 2:00||Tutorial (Workshop)|
|October 20||9:40 – 2:00||Tutorial (Workshop)|
|November 10||9:40 – 2:00||Tutorial/Activity/Parent Workshop|
|December 8||9:40 – 2:00||Tutorial/Holiday Party|
|January 19||9:40 – 2:00||Tutorial/Admissions & Financial Aid|
|February 23||9:40 – 2:00||Tutorial/Activity (National TRIO Day)|
|March 23||9:40 – 2:00||College Fair|
|April 27||9:40 – 2:00||Tutorial/Senior Farewell|
OTHER DATES OF IMPORTANCE
|September 14||Upward Bound/Talent Search College Visit (TBD)|
|April 5||Upward Bound/Talent Search College Visit (TBD)|
|Summer TBD||UB Pre-Summer Workshop|
|Talent Search Middle School Retreat/College Visits|
- Bring material for 3 classes that you have work for or need assistance with. Even if you only need help in one subject, bring work from another subject in case the class is full.
- In order to enter a tutorial room, you will need to show that you have the material for the class.
- If you are a junior or senior and need to use the Virginia Tech Library for research during a tutorial (starting with the second tutorial, please obtain a pass from your program counselor and have the appropriate teacher sign it. (Note: ONLY JUNIORS AND SENIORS WHO HAVE PASSES THIS YEAR WILL BE ALLOWED TO USE THE LIBRARY.)
- All students must arrive by bus/van or be driven by their parent/guardian unless otherwise approved by the Talent Search/Upward Bound Director.
- Lunch will be provided to all students during the tutorial (12:15 p.m.). Buses will not stop on the way home for a meal.
VIRGINIA TECH UPWARD BOUND / TALENT SEARCH
Schedule of Buses / Vans for Tutorials
PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ARRIVE BY 9:30 A.M. TUTORIALS BEGIN WITH A HOMEROOM MEETING PROMPTLY AT 9:40 A.M. IN MCBRYDE 100.
|DEPARTURE TIME (A.M.)||DEPARTURE LOCATION|
|Floyd and Montgomery County||Floyd County
|Floyd Co. HS
|Franklin County||Franklin Co.||8:00||Franklin Co. HS|
|Lynchburg||E.C. Glass Linkhorne Middle||7:30||E.C. Glass HS|
|Henry County||Magna Vista
|Magna Vista HS
|Patrick County||Patrick County||7:45||Patrick County HS|
|Pulaski||Pulaski Co. HS Dublin MS Pulaski MS||9:00||Pulaski Co. HS|
|Shawsville||Shawsville MS Eastern Mont. HS||8:50||Shawsville MS|
|Pocahontas||Feeder Service from Pocahontas to Graham HS||7:30||Pocahontas HS|
|Tazewell County||Tazewell, Graham, Pocahontas From Feeder Service*||7:40
|Wythe County||Rural Retreat
|Rural Retreat HS
Wytheville (McDonald’s) Ft. Chiswell HS
*Pocahontas students will be picked up at Pocahontas HS and transported to Graham High School where they will change buses to ride with Tazewell and Graham High Schools to Virginia Tech.